Friday, 24 July 2015

Something New


‘I did everything I could.’ I said as the spirit of wisdom raced around the fish tank, chased by one of the angle fish. They were playing a game of tag. ‘No you didn’t!’ He scooted past and into the miniature castle. ‘You went back and did the same thing as last time, just louder, harder and faster.’ His voice echoed from within the castle. This tipped the angle fish off to his location. The fishy spirit raced up to the glass to face me, ‘And what did that get you?’

The spirit and I had been through this conversation before. I was looking for new results. Previously he said I should try something different. I thought I had. But in hindsight, I could see that the spirit of wisdom was right, as usual. The angle nipped the spirits tail. He was tagged. The angle fish raced away to hide. It was the first time the angle tagged the spirit, as she had come up with a way to corner him in the castle, his favourite hiding place. The spirit swam up to the glass once again, ‘If you always do what you always did, you will get what you always got!’ It was time to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment