Thursday, 17 September 2015

More llike your mother?

‘Which parent do you take after more?’ The question rolled around in my head. A peer had questioned me about my heritage earlier and I could not answer him immediately.
I pondered the question while on my own. “You are neither!” His voice shattered the silence and jolted my concentration. The spirit of wisdom had drifted into my room unnoticed. “Are you suggesting that I am in fact an adopted child. Are the parents I know not my biological caregivers?”
“Not that either.” His smile was gentle and calming. “You are a perfect union between your mother and father. Your spirit is a balance between both of their destinies.”
“But I look more like my father.” I said

“Only on the outside” The spirit of wisdom slipped through the ceiling of my house and into an unseen world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment